“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
-Dr. Suess, The Lorax

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Good Stuff

We head back to KY for a break in 3 weeks. I find myself fantasizing about Alice Springs chicken and chocolate milk. (I can almost hear the sound of the spoon clanging gently against the glass of cold deliciousness as I stir it.) I think about the leisurely walk down Broadway, soaking in the familiarity of my beloved downtown. Hugs from family and friends are soon to be had. Kicking back on my Mom and Dad's couch, listening to the hum of the air conditioner. Driving on smooth roads with the sunroof open and radio cranked up.

Good stuff.

But I treasure every minute of changing nasty diapers on precious babies, plugging numbers into Excel spreadsheets to document weigh gain, holding a kid tight while sweat trickles down my back, and looking people in the eye -as my own body feels yucky- and being able to honestly tell them "our problems are big, but God is bigger."

Chocolate milk is good, but this stuff is incredible.
 

 

No comments: